COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE FOR MICRO-BUSINESS CUSTOMERS
We are committed to providing high a quality service to all our customers. However, we understand that things can go wrong from time to time and we are keen to resolving such issues.
In the details below we have set out the process of how you to make any complaints to us. In addition, at any stage of this process you can contact the Citizen Advice for free, impartial and independent advice on your electricity supply matter. You can call them on 03454 040506. The link to their consumer enquiry page is: https://forms.adviceguide.org.uk/complaint_energy.aspx
1 You can make your complaint to us in writing, by email or by telephone or where suitable and appropriate at mutually agreed meetings, for any of our services and bills. You can check the progress of your complaint, through each stage by telephone, by writing or by email. You can call us by telephone on 03333 44 55 12 or email us at email@example.com
2 Our postal address is Unit 45, Skylines Business Village, Limehabour, London E14 9TS
3 We will send you a written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within seven business days of receipt. Our Dispute Resolution Department will investigate your compliant with a view to resolving it.
4 Within 14 days of receiving a complaint, we will send you either:
- A response which adequately addresses the complaint; or
- A holding response, which explains why we are not yet in a position to resolve the complaint and indicate when we will make further contact with you;
- If you are unhappy with our response you can request an internal review (appeal) within 14 days of our letter or email reply to you. You can do this by telephone, email, by letter. Our Compliance Team or Senior Management would then review your appeal (which may include a meeting with you) and provide you with a full and final response.
5 Within eight weeks of receiving your initial complaint we will send you either:
- A final response which adequately addresses the complaint; or
- A response which
- Explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving reasons for the further delay and indicating when we expect to be to provide a final response; and or
- Informs you that we cannot resolve your dispute and give reasons (deadlock letter) or that our previous position is correct.
6 Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer to redress which you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress and may include an apology or explanation.
7 Energy Ombudsman Service: Where you remain dissatisfied with our outcome you can refer your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman Service for redress. You can complain to the Ombudsman Service if there is no resolution after 8 weeks of your complaint made to us.
8 The Ombudsman Service provides an independent process and is free of charge. The Ombudsman Service may require us to review our outcome and recommend action for us to take in future, make an apology, provide an explanation as to what went wrong, ask us to pay you compensation (subject to maximum cap). Any decision by the Ombudsman is binding on us but not binding on you. Any complaint to the Ombudsman Service should be made within 6 months of your initial complaint to us.
9 Contact details: (Energy) Ombudsman Services, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF.
Phone: 0330 440 1624, website: www.ombudsman-services.org. The following link will take you to the Ombudsman’s enquiry page: https://www.ombudsman-services.org/contact-us-energy.html
10 You can contact the Citizens Advice consumer service for free help throughout the process. They will give you information and advice, and lend you their expertise if you need it. You can call them on 03454 040506. Or visit their website: www.citizensadvice.org.uk
11 This document has been prepared in line with government legislation. If you could like a copy please call our office at MA Energy Ltd and we would be happy to supply you an email or hard copy. Our contact number is: 03333 44 55 12
Revised on 16 November 2016