HOW TO REPORT ELECTRICITY THEFT
Electricity is an important part of everyday life. From lighting streets to operating our
businesses electricity is an integral part of our modern day life.
Electricity can be dangerous if not used correctly. To avoid danger we use specialist and
qualified people to install meters and maintain them. Improper use or making unauthorised
changes to or tampering with the electricity meters or installations can be dangerous and result
in serious injuries.
Unlawfully using electricity or devices that show a reduction in the use of actual electricity than
in fact is used are unsafe and costs the industry huge amount of money. Such activities would
amount to electricity theft and is regarded as a criminal offence.As an electricity supplier we are under a duty investigate potential electricity theft activities.
Reporting Electricity Theft
- If you are concerned about electricity theft or want to know more information about what the
industry is doing to protect consumers from electricity theft please contact us for more
- You can also contact the following agencies:
- Complete the UKRPA online fraud report form.
- Report the theft anonymously using the stayenergysafe website.
Further Support and advice
- If you need advice or help and support on an energy matter, you can also contact the
Citizens Advice Service:
- You can also call them on 03454 040506 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)